Climate notes for November 17th 2023
I'm repeating the below image from a few months ago because I'm taking stock of the fact that I wandered into this year seeking to do more blogging to jot notes down and think about things through my week. I built a simple (but hard to figure out and deploy the first time!) blog on kd.ie and then replicated the experience here and on my gaming site, analogue.gg. I started this in February, was a bit wishy-washy until I landed on this format in summer. I'm delighted I did it, even if it does take a bit of work. And is a persistent reminder of how shit the world is.
- India doused in smoke after Diwali. Darkness into light, indeed.
- Stratospheric aerosol injection (SAI) can cool the world in two years: we need a treaty to stop climatechange
- The aftermath of storm Debi
- Colorado river users
- Amsterdam marchers demand climate action as Dutch election nears
- Karl Sagan on future threats. Prescient.
- Insider's view on Biden's climate work