Tabs for February 24th 2023
In line with my "tabs" series on my blog and game blog, I'll keep tabs here. Probably weekly, but with caveats!
- EU is to mandate all city buses to be EVs by 2030. Love this. And Ireland signed up to hundreds of Wright bus EVs; mostly for Dublin for now. But this transition is wonderful. Quiet city streets, finally! I also did an interview with the Irish Examiner on this exact topic this morning.
- Self-driving cars have a large carbon footprint. The goal of self-driving should be to make motorways safer. Urban transport should be public or active.
- Biofuels kill. The insanity of allowing anyone to call anything "biofuel" and get a grant or slip regulations needs to stop.
- Greenwashing should be a crime
- Smart compost bins These look like the normal bins around Dublin. I wonder if we have any compost-specific opportunities?
- Race to build 'green' steel plants
- 10 reasons an electric motor is better than ICE
- Irish charging infra is inadequate